Philosophy of Education
We hold that Christian Education is a mandate from God for the Christian family (Matt 28:18-20). Because of Scripture verses like Proverbs 19:27; 22:6; Deut. 6:6-9; and Col. 2:8, we feel we must provide an atmosphere more conducive to the precepts of the Bible and be in harmony with parental admonition.
We support parents that teach their children morals, such as truthfulness, purity, honesty, patriotism, faithfulness, and a high regard for standards. Every subject is taught in light of Biblical truth. We accept God's Word as the final authority. Our academy is a ministry and a part of Faith Free Will Baptist Church. We exist because of our church, and we operate in harmony with our other church ministries.
Faith Christian Academy operates with a traditional philosophy of education. By traditional education we hold:
- That the teacher is in charge of the classroom.
- That the teacher is responsible for providing a structured atmosphere of order in which the students will learn.
- That the teacher has the authority to administer discipline to each child.
- That homework is assigned regularly and expected to be completed on time.
- That God's Word is Truth. Our textbooks are God-centered, teaching spiritual truths, morality, and patriotism.
- That drill work and memorization are key tools in instruction.
- That reading is taught by phonics.
- That the teacher is professional in manner but servant-minded.
- That true learning takes place in this order:
- Positive Reinforcement
- That rules and standards are not obsolete and out-dated.
We are in opposition to progressive education in which the emphasis is upon the following:
- Questioning the answers
- The innate goodness of man
- The suppressiveness of discipline
- The relativity of all things (including morals)
- Omitting God and His Word from the educational process