Philosophy of Curriculum
The curriculum at Faith Christian Academy is chosen with much prayer and research. Nothing is to be presented to the students that could undermine their faith. All truth is God’s truth; therefore, every subject taught must have biblical principles at its core.
Christian education is an alliance of the Christian home, the Bible-believing local church, and the school. It is the purpose of Faith Christian Academy to assist the home and the church, never to usurp their authority. We must provide a support structure that helps to form and nurture vibrant Christian citizens.
Philosophy of Teaching and Technology
Faith Christian Academy places a high importance on the academic success of each student. We have a balanced approached to the complete education of the child and have developed a strategic use of curriculum that exposes each student to varied pedagogical perspectives. Technology is incorporated into each classroom, but we take the focus away from the technology itself and place it directly on the learning and teaching it facilitates.
FCA blends the approach of traditional education with modern technology to prepare students to succeed spiritually, physically, and academically.
• Christ‐centered curriculum
• A Beka, Bob Jones Press, Positive Action For Christ, McGraw-Hill (Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II)
• Computer Education beginning in the 3rd Grade
• Spanish Education begins in the 1st Grade
• E-textbooks used in High School classes
• iPads integrated into High School classes
• Digital and Traditional Assessments in 7th-12th grades
• Phonics‐based reading program that starts in 4 year old Kindergarten
• College Preparatory Program
• Strong Emphasis on the Basics
• Achievement Test Results are above National and State Norms